The Jeffreys Grove Elementary School PTA is an extremely active and involved group of parents. Whether you join, donate, participate, or volunteer for the PTA, you are helping contribute to the many programs, gifts and opportunities that the PTA provides to the JGES students and faculty.
Below you will find information about many of our programs.
- Beautification: We take pride in our school and want to keep it looking beautiful whether that means a new coat of paint or planting flowers or weeding.
- Book Fair: Our Scholastic book fairs are held in November and May to encourage reading and literacy.
- Boosterthon Fun Run: A major fundraising event, which combines a fun fitness event and an interactive character education program. Funds raised last year helped to purchase new playground equipment for our Kindergarten.
- Character Education: Volunteers provide a character education lesson to every class each month to encourage strong character in our students. Children in each class who demonstrate the character trait of the month are recognized with a certificate and celebration.
- Cultural Arts: We sponsor approximately 4 cultural arts programs for students throughout the year, as well as Batik Week and writer-in-residence.
- Global Carnival: The Global Carnival is one of our major school fundraisers. It consists of a variety of games and activities for students and their families. In the past we’ve featured carnival games, face painting, bounce houses, book walks, food, special performances and more. In addition to being a fun family night that creates a sense of community within our school, this fundraiser helps provide the financial means to improve the educational programs and learning environment for our children.
- Back to School & End of Year Parties and Spirit Nights: JGES encourages family and community networking. We sponsor parties to celebrate the beginning and end of school, Spirit Nights at local restaurants and ice cream socials throughout the year.
- Fifth Grade Celebration: In June, volunteers help serve cookies and punch to fifth graders and their families.
- Global Peace Week and Expo: The PTA assists JGES Staff during this week full of fun and educational activities for students to learn about peaceful ways to resolve conflict and how to be global citizens. The week also includes a Global Expo, which is a night of performances, exhibits, food, music and more! Students display the work they created and share it the students, staff and families.
- Health & Wellness: Various activities throughout the year to encourage kids and parents to be healthy, eat smart, and be fit.
- Hospitality Luncheons: Our teachers and staff work hard to provide a safe and nurturing environment for our students to learn. Several times each school year we show our appreciation for their hard work and dedication by hosting teacher/staff breakfasts and luncheons.
- Media Center: Those books don’t get back on the shelf by themselves. Volunteers help organize and shelf the books.
- Odyssey of the Mind: We sponsor student teams to participate in OM competitions.
- Student Directory: Volunteers compile addresses and phone numbers for each family, staff contact info, PTA Board and Committee Chair info, etc. into a handy Student Directory that is provided to every family.
- Sunshine/Desserts: Who doesn’t like a birthday surprise? Volunteers help distribute cards and desserts to staff on their birthdays.
- Tutor: Volunteers serve as tutors for students in need of additional one-on-one instructional support.
- Teacher/Staff Appreciation: During teacher appreciation week, we decorate school and coordinate special treats and gifts for teachers and staff.
- Yearbook: Assist in publication of yearbook, money collection and distribution.