- Sponsored our first Fall Festival and Silent Auction (formerly a Spring Carnival) and raised over $10,000!
- Held two Book Fairs raising more than $4500 in “Scholastic Dollars” to purchase library books.
- We held our 1st Boosterthon Fun Run and raised over $17,000.
- Raised over $5800 through our annual Citipass Coupon Book fundraiser.
- Hosted 2 successful restaurant Spirit Nights bringing in over $900.
- Greatly increased our BoxTop collections.
- Implemented a new Character Education Program that was taught monthly in all classrooms by PTA volunteers. Recognized individual students monthly for exhibiting various monthly character traits.
- Increased our communication efforts by creating a Facebook page and a monthly newsletter, Soaring, to keep parents better informed.
- Sponsored six (6) fantastic cultural arts programs, including Batik Week & a writer-in-residence.
- Assisted the school with the 1st ever Global Expo which was a huge success.
- Held 3 school beautification days—improving the school grounds and painting the Kindergarten/1st grade hallway.
- Hosted “Popsicles on the Playground” and “Tissues & Tea” events for Kindergarten families.
- Provided 2 breakfasts and 3 lunches to show appreciation for our school staff.
- Sponsored the Jingle Bell Shop so students could do their holiday shopping.
- Honored Teachers and Staff with an Appreciation Week including various treats.
- Held “Back to School” and “End of Year” family parties.
- Provided every family with a School Directory.
- Provided financial support and volunteers for Super Kids Day.
- Sponsored 4 Odyssey of the Mind teams.
- Sponsored the fifth grade graduation celebration.
- Sponsored the Girls on the Run program for 3rd-5th grade girls.
- Sponsored the 49 JGE children who participated in the county-wide First in Fitness Competition; provided each with a t-shirt.
- Provided support for school portraits and designed and published school yearbooks.
- Supported our Backpack Buddies program (sponsored by St. Marks United Methodist Church) by collecting canned food items.
- Co-sponsored with school, a “Math Night” for all families.
GIFTS & GRANTS
- Purchased a new Kindergarten playground with $10,000 from the Boosterthon Fun Run Fundraiser, and a matching $10,000 grant from WCPSS.
- Provided over $5500 in Teacher Stipends to purchase classroom supplies.
- Provided over $1200 of instructional media materials for use in classrooms.
- Sent the Teacher of the Year and 5 guests to the WCPSS Award Banquet.
- Provided recognition dinner for the Teaching Assistant of the Year.
- Gave staff recognition rewards throughout the year.
- Provided over $400 in Creative Teaching Grants for teachers with special projects.
- Provided Global Training for teachers ($600+)
- Along with the Kiwanis Club, we provided all 3rd graders with a new dictionary.